Getting top ranks on Google local search is much more important for some businesses than getting their websites ranked on standard version of google search. But not enough is known about the factors which affect rankings on www.google.com/local
I have tried to put some light on the factors which can get your business listing on top positions of Google local search.
- Local business address in the city of search.
- Information from major data providers like yellow pages and local directories. So submitting your website on local directories will help a lot.
- Associating local business listing with proper categories.
- Claim your local business listing if it is not yet claimed on google maps.
- Include keywords related to your product or service in the title of your local business listing on google maps.
- Geo links and geo references are very critical to success if there is a lot of competition in your category or area.
- Number of customer reviews associated with your local business listing on google plays a very important role. I have noticed that the rankings in many competitive niches are actually ordered by the number of reviews present.
- On-Page factors don’t have very high importance on google local search but in very high competition markets, they should not be ignored.
- Mentioning your complete address on your website’s contact page is a very important factor as this is a trusted signal for Google.
- Including keywords related to your product or service in the description of your local business listing is a very important factor.
- Keywords of your location in the title of your local business listing.
- Keywords of your location in the description of your local business listing.
If you have any doubts or if you need professional SEO assistance, then you can get in touch with me through the contact page of my website. Please feel free to add your comments on this article.