This article will be helping you in understanding the basic principles of search engine optimization(SEO). The changing algorithms of search engine leave many of the online sellers discouraged and irritated. And here we’ll be telling you the tips that will reduce your frustration as well as help you in increasing your rankings. These include those basic principles which have remained through the years. Let’s look at them one by one.
- At times we find that after so many efforts and appropriate phrasing of articles, still no result show up in the searches and there we do a mistake of quickly changing our domain name. So the first point to keep in mind is that don’t be too quick at changing the domain names. It takes up to a year for keyword to show up in searches. Google has aging delay for any new article so be patient.
- Target the audience not the search engine. When you’ll focus on the impression your site will create on the audience a better site will come up that the viewers will appreciate and the engines will like as well.
- Extensive Keyword research is very much important to get best results as every other thing revolve around the keyword phrase that you select. If you need suggestions about the words that people are searching for world over the following information data base could be of help. http://WordTracker.com and http://KeywordDiscovery.com
- Giving a structure to a site is important not only in its visual appreciation by the user but also in optimization. So while designing and categorizing your site’s architecture and navigation base it on your keyword research. A keyword phrase could be used as your navigation word if possible. Jill Whalen, the founder of highrankings.com phrase it as “Your homepage should be optimized for the more general phrases…Your inner pages should be optimized for the more specific [ones].”
- The internal text links and clickable image ALT attributes should be labeled as descriptively as possible. Inside the text links, use the phrase that describes the page you’re clicking to and for the image links, the phrases are to be enclosed in the image’s code.
- In your site, select your key pages and choose some keyword phrases that is chiefly for a that page only and work those phrases into a copy. After this write a powerful copy for those key pages of your site using your chosen keyword phrases.
- The Title tags are very important as it is the information which appears in search engine results. So the point is, you need to fit in your key word phrases into each page’s title tag unique to them. However, just not overcrowd the title only with the keywords; the title tag needs to be informative and attractive to the viewers as well.
- A link-worthy site helps the search engine to judge its popularity. That is, more number of links pointing to your site reflects the popularity of the site. So make sure that people want to link to your site and for this you have to have something that you can offer worth linking to. Yes the product or services do count here, but beyond this if you want to reach the top other things that are help are: great variety, an information service, excellent presentation.
- Whalen says “If you can rank highly for a good portion of them, they’re going to add up to a lot more than just that one keyword phrase that you think is the good big money one.” That is, do not stick to any one keyword or phrase only. Its better that you optimize for all the applicable phrases.
So now you know what 10 points formula for SEO success is. Be patient, target the site for the audience, do extensive keyword research, give structure to the site basing it on keyword research, create your links using HTML making it crawler friendly, label internal text links and clickable image descriptively, while writing choose the keyword phrases that apply to that particular page, make attractive title tags incorporating keyword phrases in them, try to have many links pointing to your site, and don’t stick to only one keyword phrase.