As the internet is day by day enveloping with myriad websites on the same, the importance for and the need of Search Engine Optimization is on continuous rise. And you can too go for the strategies which most top ranking sites are using and making most from their internet marketing efforts. It’s not always the money that pays but also the selection of right way to reach the final destination. The sites that are on top follow some basic strategy in search engine optimization. These strategies available for you here are very easy to follow and also do not cost much or say cost nothing to give to practice. So we begin now:
- Manually register your site with an Open Directory Project, DMOZ. It is the most comprehensive human edited directory available on the web and the largest one too. The Open Directory Project is constructed and conserved by a huge global community of volunteer editors and feeds other leading web directories.
- Visit google and manually submit your site there, for faster inclusion. Even if you have listed your site in open directory it takes time for google to eventually spider your site and put it in the listings related to your keywords and site name, so to make it quicker and submit manually to google as well.
- At yahoo you can purchase a listing for $299 fee and Yahoo will include you in their directory that maintains website like Yahoo!, MSN and AltaVista.
- Using a high KEI keyword is important here. Such a measure will take into account the popularity and the competitiveness of your keywords. This in turn increases your chance for getting selected by the search engines at little or no expense at all.
- Heard of a link building campaign? Yeah, that is what you need to be engaged in, as the more links you have the more important you become. Especially if the links you are having are having a high google ranking, it will signal google and other search engines about your site. For fast link building some good ways are to submit articles to article directories.
- An easy-to-crawl site would be better than a site with dynamic pages. This will help the search engines to easily locate you, although with the arrival of Google site maps things are changing but we need to make sure that all search engines are able to travel across your website. So make a point to use HTML coding and avoid pages that are created dynamically.
- After all these careful efforts one is required to be patient. After following the guidelines you should wait and allow search engines to re-index your site. Though it is internet but it takes some time at least for search engines optimization to take a hold.
By carrying out this scheme your efforts to search engine optimize will generate positive returns. Also it is important to learn continuously about latest techniques and requirements in search engines for improving your results as their world are continually evolving.